Thursday, March 5, 2015

My Daughter’s Wild Life – Year Three



Book of Wildlife Discoveries
As my daughter’s third birthday quickly approaches, I’ve looked back on this past year with amazement at all of the wildlife that has interested her.  She has a strong love for animals and is curious to learn about those that she has discovered.  With a natural instinct to be cautious and gentle, my daughter has become the ideal pupil, absorbing every detail about the wildlife around her.  I want to remember her enthusiasm for wildlife, always!

To celebrate her third year of life and all of her wildlife knowledge, I decided to create a keepsake for her.  I found a simple scrapbook album at a craft store and printed pictures of significant animal discoveries during my daughter’s third year of life.  I organized the animals into natural groups, invertebrates, amphibians, reptiles, birds, and mammals and attached them to pages of the scrapbook.  Then, with the help of my husband, I tried to remember what my daughter said, learned, or asked about each animal. 


Reminiscing about Influential Wildlife
I presented the finished scrapbook to my daughter and read it to her.  She remembered everything and even told me a few things I had forgotten!  It was a great way to wrap up her year of discoveries.  Plus, it will be a fun keepsake for her when she is older, to look back on her early love of and interest in animals.

I enjoyed documenting my daughter’s discoveries.  If your child has a birthday coming up, you can do this too!  It’s a great way to document the cute things your child says, and it becomes a time capsule of wildlife that interests your child.  Get creative and take pleasure in making a lasting memory for your child!

Pages about My Daughter's Favorite Owls

No comments:

Post a Comment